DIY Fall Door Mat + FREE TEMPLATE
Something about the chilly weather in September gets me excited to bust out my craft supplies and do a good ole DIY! I've enlisted my good friend and DIY maven Rebecca Dimock to help me decorate my front door step with these gorgeous and simple DIY Fall Door Mats. And guess what... Rebecca is sharing the template so you can make it too. Scroll down for the free download and make your mat with us! Follow along with the video below and if you end up making these inexpensive DIY, tag us on Instagram: @loveandsundays & @rdimock
Doormat, we got ours at IKEA
Large (dry) Paintbrush
Wooden or Metal skewer
Rust-oleum Matte Clear sealant spray or similar
1. Print out template.
2. If creating “Happy Fall Ya’ll”, cut the “Happy and Y’all” apart so you can arrange “Fall” between them. If creating “Witch Please” tape the front of the two pieces together with the “I” overlapping. Once taped trim off the access paper on the back including the “I”, so there is no longer any paper overlap. This will ensure your template works properly on the “I”.
3. Poke repetitive holes through the black parts of the template, this is so you can push the flour through and leave behind little dots that act as a guide.
4. Once they’re all punched, load your dry paint bush with flour, then pounce the flour over the holes you punched previously. Go over it a few times to ensure there is enough flour through each hole.
5. Lift your template carefully and reveal your flour stencil.
6. Take your Sharpie and fill in where the flour was left behind using it as a guide. Short repetitive strokes seem to work best for this. Watch out for Sharpie ink spray, the marker can flick ink as you colour, onto your surrounding surface and your fingers.
7. Seal with clear sealant spray to make it last all season.
I hope this easy DIY gives you all the fall feels and I can’t wait to see your door mats!
*This post contains affiliate links