Mornings can be a struggle with trying to yourself ready for work, the children ready for school or daycare and of course remember to tend to the fur babies of the household too. Most mornings it is easy to put breakfast on the back burner for yourself but don't fret, I have the perfect 5-minute #WeekdayEggs recipe for you to keep you fueled all morning long. If you guys follow along with my Insta Stories, then you know that I LOVE avocado toast. Like, what is there not to love? I've recently elevated my avocado toast skills with the discovery of these mini naan breads from President's Choice and of course perfecting my skills at making the perfect sunny-side up egg.
Here is what you need to make this delicious and easy breakfast dish in 5-minutes:
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 2 Mini Naan Bread
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Chili Flakes (optional but so delicious I would highly recommend)
- Salt to taste
This will make two naan toasts and serve two people perfectly.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan on low to medium heat
- Crack the egg gently onto the centre of the pan, making sure that the yolk is still intact
- When edges of the egg appears firm, the white is no longer translucent and looking opaque and the yolk is still runny take the pan off of the heat. This should be roughly 2 to 2.5 minutes of cooking time.
- I've learned that the only way I can make a good sunny side up egg is to only cook a max of two at a time. If you are cooking two at time, make sure to crack the eggs with enough room between them on the pan so you don't ruin their shape. To be safe I would just cook one at a time... trust me, I've ruined a few in my day to tell ya that much!
- Keep you heat on low and be patient! if you try to rush the sunny side up... you will fail!
- While your egg is in the pan, pop your mini naan bread in the toaster
- Cut your avocado in half and spread half of an avocado per naan toast
- Place a sunny side up egg on each piece of avocado naan
- Season with salt and chilli flakes to taste
There you have it folks, the perfect 5-minute #WeekdayEggs recipe for your busy mornings. Eggs aren't just for the weekend anymore! Be sure to visit eggs.ca for more recipes and inspiration for all things eggs and make sure you tag me on social media if you try this recipe or have some egg recipes that I should try!
*This post was sponsored by Egg Farmers of Canada. Thank you for supporting the brands and companies that help support my blog and my family.